Friday, May 27, 2011

Something personal

Hello everyone!

I do have something personal to share.

My father is going to have brain surgery soon. He has a tumor in his brain the size of a machine gumball inside his head. They found it a year ago. My dad thought it would not grow. Unfortunately, it did get bigger, so he will have a major surgery in mid June. The surgery is intense, but the recovery rate is high.

Please pray for me while I take care of my family. I will be making my father a pair of socks and a hat to keep his head safe and feet warm while he recovers. I will post progress of hat + socks, both items I never made before. I will promise to take a picture when I am done. :)

Again, for those lone readers out there who reads this blog, thank you for continuing to read my blog and I will see you soon!

11 comments:

Susan said...

My best wishes for your fathers recovery and thought for your worry through this time.
My husband has just had surgery too.

Vicky Guile said...

(((((HUGS)))))
Betty I shall keep your father, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. lots of love and even more ((((HUGS)))) xxx

Kim said...

Betty- I am just coming back from a blogging break to read this. My prayers will be with you and your family-I hope his surgery goes well. Sending you a big hug ♥

WeeLittleWest / Kathy Olaf-Obrenski said...

I'm sorry. I will prayers for your family.

jocelyn teo said...

Hi Betty, I'll be channeling lots of positivity and strength towards you and your family. It is very sweet of you to make your father the socks and hat. :) I'm sure he'll recover very soon! Take care Betty. :)

Alison said...

♥Lots of aloha to you and your family♥ Praying for your father's speedy recovery after surgery.

Karin F. said...

Look after yourself as well during this stressful time. Speedy recovery to your dad.
big hugs K

Betty said...

Thank you very much everyone for your kind words. I have not been online much. There are lots of International phone calls going back and forth too. Hooray for the Internet to connect to everyone!

Whimsical Folk Art Blog said...

My sister in laws dad just had this exact surgery last week and he is fine...the surgery went great and he is doing well...blessings to you and your father.

Snowfern said...

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery, and take care.

Betty said...

Thank you :) We will do our best.